December 30 is National Bicarbonate Of Soda Day, also know as baking soda, according to The Ultimate Holiday Site. Let us reflect on the this wonderful, powdery, white, legal substance that some many of us just can’t live without. Some of the many uses:
1. Use it and vinegar to make a volcano for the science fair.
2. Use it and vinegar to clean your pipes or unclog them. Combine the ingredients, cover with a wet cloth for 5 minutes and then flush with hot water.
3. Sprinkle on an oil stain in the garage and scrub with a wet brush.
4. Freshen the carpet with a sprinkle, wait a few hours, and then vacuum.
5. Sprinkle on a damp sponge to erase crayon, pencil, and ink from painted surfaces.
6. Rub tub stains with baking soda, cream of tartar and lemon juice. Let sit for 30 minutes, then rinse.
The above tips derived from experience and Real Simple’ 869 New Uses for Old Things (one of my many great Christmas presents this year). There arec a great many uses for this simple powder. What are your favorite uses for Bicarbonate of Soda?